Register me for the Christian Students & Professionals Meeting
Christian Students & Young Professionals Meeting
Theme: The Hope Generation – Not Forgotten
The target audience for this meeting is young men and women between the ages of 16 to 30. Just like most Zimbabweans, this group of people has been impacted by the economic and political down-turn in Zimbabwe in a huge way. It is believed this group may have suffered the most because:
- They grew up in the most harsh and worst economic environment Zimbabwe has ever had.
- They have not yet experienced a booming economy in their lifetime
- They grew up in one of the most corrupt environments, with dysfunctional infrastructure, etc., and have not experienced true efficiency and high productivity, etc.
- They are a generation that has been let down by their leaders, including political, spiritual, and even parents.
- They have experienced the most dysfunctional societies in terms of broken families, child abuse, etc.
Taking the above into consideration, there is desperate need to assure this generation that:
- As adults we acknowledge that we let them down and recognize the wrongs/mistakes we have done
- We have not forgotten about them and, in fact, we believe this generation can bring hope in Zimbabwe (and across the globe)
- We have to appreciate their creativity and innovative minds and encourage them to use these skill sets and competences to help the rebuilding of Zimbabwe, i.e. their technology utilization and sharing of knowledge is outstanding and can help in the rebuilding of a nation
- Most importantly we need to “point” this generation to the cross. If they are going to be our future leaders, we need to start from the root up to instill Jesus-like leadership qualities. What they have seen and experienced over the years is a distorted view of leadership. We have an opportunity to correct this – and point them to “true leadership”
- Hence this meeting is about equipping this generation with biblically sound leadership skills. The objective is to prepare and raise young leaders that are God-centered. Principles of servant and transformational leadership will be taught and shared. The importance of leading self (first), others (second), and leading in the communities (third) will be highly emphasized. Leaders who have followed the same leadership framework have impacted our world more than those who have led solely from a self-centered viewpoint.
- The leadership model that has dominated Zimbabwe (with some exceptions) is that of positional, title, and using power. Our objective is to have our youth have a different mindset and forge innovative ways of leadership that are more influential and persuasive.
- The third objective is to encourage our youth to live for Christ. Regardless of what is happening within themselves – it is important that we encourage them to stay grounded firmly in Christ and His word. It is fundamental to demonstrate to them at this young age that all will pass away but heaven will remain. Our main objectives on this earth is to live our lives as disciples and make disciples for the Kingdom of God.
- The fourth and last objective is to encourage this generation to be bold, courageous, and confident to take up huge responsibilities of leadership in areas of their life, church, work, home, communities. This generation can be the “Joshuas” of Zimbabwe – taking over the torch and leading people in the right way. As they take over the responsibilities and the torch – it is important to realize that all that will come with accountability. It also cannot be achieved without Jesus.
- Renewed trust, faith, and hope in Jesus Christ
- Well-equipped young leaders that can take responsibility, accountability, and ownership
- Young people that will live for Christ and make disciples
- A bold and courageous generation that is capable of leading like Jesus (Servant Leaders)
- A generation that does not want to leave anyone behind
- A generation that can unite (and love) towards a greater good
- A well-prepared and trained generation: intercession, reading, understanding, and living the work, prophetic, discernment, wisdom, unconditional love, leadership etc.
Pastor Steve Dow
Tallahassee FL, USA
Dr. Mary Ritz
Business Owner & International Speaker
Atlanta GA, USA
Tinashe (TJ) Chikwanda
Jerikias T. Ndamba
FSI Trading, Founder & Investment Director
Genesis 49: 19 to 21 – But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid. I am in the place of God. You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives? So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.” And he reassured then and spoke kindly to them.
Joshua 1: 1 – Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass that the Lord spake to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying, “Moses my servant is dead: now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the lad which I do give them, even to the children of Israel…”
Joshua Chapters 1 to 5
1 Timothy 4: 12 – Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
“No individual has any right to come into the world and go out it without leaving behind distinct and legitimate reasons for having passed through it.”
– George Washington Carver.
For EVENT registration & additional information, contact us:
Events & Events
0772 252 850
0772 361 809 | 0713 272 380
MARY RITZ, PhD
+1 407 572 2355
Steward Bank/Avondale Branch
Account # 1007867928
Eco-cash: PATASH Distribution
Merchant Code: 183025